Candida Die Off Symptoms
As you are overcoming your Candida infection, there are some symptoms you may start suffering from. Just when you thought it was over, you realize you aren't quite back to your old self yet. Luckily there are some things you can do to help ease this situation.
What are the Common Symptoms?Usually the symptoms that can develop in individuals include:
- feelings of brain fog
- gastro-intestinal distress including nausea, gas, bloating, diarrhea or constipation
- minor fever
- poor concentration levels
- feelings of tightness in the chest
- sore throat
- body itch
- becoming more anxious in regular situations
- feelings of depression setting in
- increased irritability
- intense cravings for foods such as sweets or others that contain carbohydrates
- joint soreness
- muscle pain
Most people will not experience all of these symptoms however a number can start occurring. The severity of them will depend upon how strong of an antifungal you are taking and how capable your body is at riding itself of toxins. The better your immune system likely the quicker these symptoms will begin to subside.
Remember too that having this reaction is not a sign that the yeast treatment is not working, but more of a sign that it's working too well! Having a small amount of die off symptoms is a good sign however if it becomes too much, you may need to reduce the amount of antifungal you are using.
What die off symptoms mean is that the yeast cells are dying and it shows that the body is in a situation of toxic overload. The body's elimination system is overburdened at the moment, or potentially even blocked.
How to Reduce Candida Die Off SymptomsIn order to reduce the severity and deal with these die off symptoms, you should consider doing the following:
- Try to consume more water throughout the day. A good aim is 4-6 ounces of warm or hot water every forty-five minutes throughout the day.
- Put yourself into complete rest as much as possible. The less stress you can create for yourself the better.
- Try and neutralize the yeast toxin by using a product called Molybdenum or Pantethine
- If you have currently eliminated all carbohydrates, particularly grains, from your diet, try eating a small amount each day once again. We are not talking large amounts though, just half a cup of cereal or brown rice should do the trick.
- If you can get into a sauna, use it for 20 minutes and scrub your skin with a stiff brush. Shower right after doing this.
- Try and produce bowel movements as frequently as possible. Taking a magnesium citrate supplement can help with this.
- Take a few tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil a few times a day on an empty stomach
- Grind approximately 1 tbsp of flax seeds in a coffee grinder and then mix with warm water. Let this stand for a while and then drink on an empty stomach.
- Take a vitamin C supplement
- Consider getting a colonic cleanse or enema
- Do some light exercise as this will help with the body's regulation of the various systems
- Do some deep breathing exercises
Finally, just try and keep in mind that the die off symptoms are only temporary and that it will get better soon. If you are suffering really badly though be sure to note which antifungal you used and if you ever experience an infection again, try one that's slightly less strong. The stronger the antifungal, the more likely it will cause harsh symptoms as the symptoms are again the result of the toxins being cleared too quickly for the body to handle.
If it does persist for a longer period of time and you are growing extremely uncomfortable, then you may want to go see your doctor as he or she might be able to prescribe you something to help ease the discomfort.