One very disturbing condition that some individuals develop in the course of their life is an intestinal parasite infection. The term parasite can be defined as meaning something that 'eats off the table of another'. As you can probably guess, this doesn't mean good things for your health.
Most often parasites will live off of the food that we eat and can potentially even be in the health supplements that we consume on a daily basis. Since they literally are eating away at the food you take in, this means that there will be less left for your body to use, hence it can leave you showing signs of malnourishment.
Below are some of the other common symptoms that indicate you may have an intestinal parasite infection.
- You have an inability to gain or lose weight.
- You experience chronic candida
- You have reoccurring yeast infections
- Ear infections or chronic sinus conditions are prevalent
- You begin to develop urinary tract infections
- You notice you have itchy ears or your nose is itchy
- During the evening the anal area may itch as well
- You experience digestive problems such as gas and bloating
- Diarrhea or constipation may be occurring in some individuals
- Irritable bowel syndrome may start being a problem for you
- You have a numb sensation in the hands
- There is pain in the navel area as well as potentially in the back, thighs or shoulder region
- You experience increased arthritic pains in those who have this condition already
- There is a burning sensation in your stomach
- If you suffer from PMS, your symptoms may worsen
- You feel like no matter how much food you eat, you are always hungry
- Fatigue and weakness sets in rapidly after a small amount of physical activity
- You experience feelings of depression or forgetfulness
- Your skin is lacking it's normal 'glow'
- Water retention becomes more problematic even when you have not changed your diet at all
- You are experiencing liver or gallbladder problems
Keep in mind that you are not going to show all of these symptoms and they will vary in severity from individual to individual. What's more important however is that intestinal parasites can actually lead to more serious conditions such as cancer, diabetes, heart disease or asthma.
In all reality, any problem that could come from poor nutrition could most definitely develop because of a parasite as well.
There are certain things that will usually cause intestinal parasites. These include living or visiting an area that is known to have a high rate of parasites, traveling internationally, using poor sanitation procedures with both food and water, having poor personal cleanliness and being of a young age (children are more likely to be infected).
To treat the intestinal parasite, there are a few different options available.
First you may be prescribed a drug if your care provider feels this would be beneficial. You will likely take this drug treatment over the course of a few weeks however some are just a single dose. It is critical you follow the instructions however because if you don't it may just complicate matters.
Nutritionally there are also some important recommendations to follow. First you should try and stay away from carbohydrates as best as you can. This would include foods such as refined snack products, fruit juices, dairy products and anything containing a lot of sugar.
Next you'll want to eliminate caffeine and alcohol as much as possible from you diet.
Also try and consume more raw garlic, pumpkin seeds, pomegranates, beets and carrots because all of these are known to have some antiworm properties to them.
Being sure to drink plenty of water can also help with any bowel movement or consistency problems.
Finally, you may also want to look into taking some digestive enzymes in order to help restore your intestinal tract to normal and to prevent any further parasites from taking home in your body.
So be on the lookout for any of the symptoms described above. Getting an intestinal parasite is no laughing matter and if you are suffering, it needs to be treated as promptly as possible. One of the best ways to do so is to do a parasite cleanse with Paratrex